To: Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Volunteers and supporters,
I’m starting to ramp up planning for the “Rush River Rendezvous” and want to start my list of volunteers who will take participants fishing. (disabled veterans)
Last year we hosted about 20 disabled veterans and expect the same or more this year. The local sportsman club provided ATVs to take participants and their volunteer guide to remote parts of the river and the local VFW served all lunch. It was a great event and we want to do it again!
Please let me know if you can be one of our volunteers for that day.
- Date: June 14th
- Location: El Paso, Wisconsin ‘fishing spot’ Meeting location will be sent after volunteering.
Since last year seemed to go so well, we thought we’d keep the same agenda.
- 9:15 Volunteers start to arrive
- 10:00 Participants start to arrive and gear up
- 10:30 Pair participants with volunteer and practice casting
- 11:30 Lunch
- 12:30 Fly Fishing
- 2:30 Check back in and return gear
- 3:00 Adjourn
The veterans are still talking about last years event. Some caught their first trout ever and even those who didn’t will be back this year to try again.
Let me know if you can help on June 14th.